- (904) 874-6549
Robert Cowles is a Jacksonville native. He has been a lawyer for 53 years, with the first 2 years being in Atlanta, GA. He is certified as a Circuit Civil Mediator by the State of Florida, and has been since 1992. He is also an Arbitrator approved by and has been a panelist on cases for the American Arbitration Association since 1992. Mr. Cowles has past judicial experience in the Fourth Judicial Circuit of Florida.
He has litigated all types of cases over the years, which qualifies him to mediate complex cases. He has mediated over 3000 cases.
Mr. Cowles has also handled approximately 450 cases with the American Arbitration Association including construction, employment, commercial, consumer, maritime, and pharmacy supplier/ subcontractor cases (including a week-long hearing in Scottsdale, AZ. in August 2022).
- University of North Carolina, BS
- Emory University Law School JD
- Jacksonville Bar Association
- (Board in Governors in early 1980”s & Co-Chair of the ADR Section in 2017)
- Florida Bar Association
- (Florida Bar Board Certified Civil Trial Committee – 1997 to 2000 – Chair in 1998)